The International Interior Design Association advances the profession of Interior Design through the progressive cultivation of innovative leadership and by constantly advocating for exceptional design. We work with you, and for you, to shape your future in design. Whether you are a student, a project manager, an entrepreneur, or a retired designer, IIDA has a membership level and priviledges for you!
IIDA offers Members strong networking and tangible benefits for education, inspiration and professional development. Membership in IIDA provides access to resources that can help you get ahead in your career. Benefits include subscriptions to leading magazines, tuition reimbursement opportunities, the chance to reach Forum colleagues around the world, as well as reduced fees for exciting Chapter initiatives and International events like the Leaders Breakfast series.
Requirement: 2-4 years coursework resulting in an ID or architectural degree, current full-time faculty or adjunct professor in an Interior Design program, exam per requirement for Professional or Associate membership.
For more information about becoming a Educator Member, click here.
Become a Member
Memberships are all processed by IIDA Headquarters, not the Southwest Chapter. If you wish to join, click here.
IIDA Memberships run on the calendar year, January thru December. All dues and pricing are subject to change by IIDA Headquarters.
Questions related to Membership can be directed to:
Why Become a Member?
One of goals of the Southwest Chapter is to have your membership save you money! If you are actively involved in the chapter – attending and participating in all of the events that we offer (small and large) throughout the year – it is our goal that in essence, your membership will “pay for itself” over the course of the year!
- Special Member pricing to participate and/or attend all Chapter Events (Couture, P.R.I.D.E. Awards, Build Day and UnVeiled Trade Show)
- Special Member pricing for IIDA-sponsored competitions (including Interior Design Competition, Hospitality Design Competition, Will Ching Design Competition, Smart Environments Awards)
- Discounted advertising rates in IIDA publications and on the IIDA Web site
Members receive first notice of special events and registration discounts.
- Invitations to Chapter and regional meetings, special events, and activities
- Invitation to the IIDA Annual Meeting, when IIDA inducts the new International Board of Directors, celebrates the Titan and Star Award recipients, recognizes Chapters for excellence in intiatives, and welcomes new members of the College of Fellows
- Invitation to the IIDA COOL Gala, where IIDA features winners of the Interior Design Competition
- An opportunity to be celebrated and profiled on the IIDA website under the I AM IIDA section
Professional and Associate Members in the United States receive complimentary magazines and publications that cover technical and theoretical topics in design, as well as community news and events.
- Perspective, the IIDA thought-provoking journal
- DesignMatters, a biweekly electronic newsletter to keep you in the loop about happenings across the country
- Contract, a leading monthly magazine for the design industry
- Interiors & Sources, a leading monthly building industry and interiors publication
- HD Boutique magazine, a bi-monthly e-magazine that covers hospitality trends
- IIDA Southwest E-Mail Blast, a bi-monthly informative e-mail newsletter that covers the latest happenings of the Southwest Chapter
Tuition reimbursement, access to in-depth knowledge and research, and links to industry leaders and events help you get ahead in the business aspect of design. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for a twice annual drawing for NCIDQ tuition reimbursement–this is a complete reimbursement for Associate Members who successfully complete the NCIDQ exam
- Sustainable Education Fund, offering a twice annual drawing for reimbursement of LEED exam fees for those who have successfully passed the accreditation exam
- Chapter and Regional professional development
- Chapter-level IDCEC-approved CEU programs
- Access to the IIDA Knowledge Center, and the team that compiles its content
- Webinars, take-home CEUs and quick links to educational tools
- International code and licensing initiatives
- Proactive leadership in gaining governmental recognition for the profession
- Use of the IIDA professional designation
- Personalized Member Logo
- Access to the IIDA Job Bank
- Networking opportunities through Chapter and Forum programs
- IIDA Conference Calling Service
- Access to the online IIDA Membership directory
- Forums in 10 design specialties, offering an instant network of professionals in your area of expertise